The following dates are set for the Club Championship:
Saturday, July 9th the Net Flight Championship and 1st round of the Gross Flight will be played.
Sunday, July 10th the 2nd round of the Gross Flight will be played
Saturday, July 16th the Final Round of the Gross Flight will be played
The Monster tournament is on Saturday, May 21st. The format is a 2 Man Best Ball. The tees will be played as far back as possible and the pin positions will be tricky. The winning team will represent the San Juan Hills Men’s Golf Club at the SCGA Four Ball Championship. Given the tournament set up, please play ready golf, keep up with the group in FRONT of you and please pick up if you are out of the hole. We want everyone to enjoy themselves and have a fun time, pace of play has a lot to do with that, so please do your part!
Congratulations to the team of Mark Dawson and Walter Knack who were victorious as the 2022 Member/Member champs. They shot a 2 day score of 208 which was enough for a 1 stroke victory. The team of Kyle Cullum and Todd Knight finished in 2nd place with a score of 209. Coming in 3rd place with a score of 210 was the team of Mike Neace and Tim Sweeny
The next Wednesday tournament is scheduled for May 25th. It is an individual net event, played from the white tees. If you would like to play, please contact our Wednesday Tournament Director, Terry Fiero at 949-922-1399 or email@example.com.
When you have signed up for a Wednesday or Saturday Men’s Club golf tournament, here is a guideline for streamlining the process:
- Please go to the tournament check-in table which is usually located inside the restaurant. There you will pay for your entry fee and have the option of buying into the gross skins, net skins and Hole in One pots. These are individual pots and they are optional. At check in and if needed, they will have the tournament format sheet or notify you of any course conditions that you need to be aware of. Please treat Reni, Sandi and Marci like queens, as they are an enormous help in making our tournaments so successful!
- Next, head to the Pro Shop and pay for you green fees. Also, check to make sure they are on time.
- Plan to give yourself at least 30 minutes to take care of tournament check-in and green fees.
- Driving range, you can pull in the range parking lot and hit balls before checking-in or grab a cart after your tournament check-in/green fees are paid and head over and hit balls. Either way, plan accordingly.
On the course:
- It is extremely important that you keep pace with the group in FRONT of you and not behind you!!! The course management is adament that 18 holes of play is accomplished in 4 1/2 hours or less. So please play ready golf including moving on to the next tee box before entering scores on the scorecard.
- Fill your divots and repair your ball marks on the greens. It is our responsibility to help keep the course in good condition, so when you are filling in your divot or repairing your ball mark, don’t be shy about filling or repairing another one you see.
After the round:
- Each foursome will have an offical scorecard. In addition, another scorecard should also be keep, that way scores can be double checked within the group. On the 10th tee box confirm the front nine scores match on both scorecard, this will speed up the process of totaling the final scores after play has been completed. Also, if there is a game going on within the group, please do not use the offical scorecard for this. Lastly, before dropping the offical scorecard off at the scoring table or scorecard box, make sure the scorecard is signed and attested. Once this is done all scores on the offical card can not be changed.
- Once you have signed up for a tournament, it is your responsibility to show up. We understand that emergencies or plans change, and if that happens up to the day before the tournament, you need to contact the Tournament Director for the tournament that you signed up for. This gives them the opportunity to modify the tee sheet and let the Pro Shop know of the changes. If you need to cancel the morning of the tournament, you will need to contact the Pro Shop directly and let them know. Failure to do so can result in suspension from future tournament play or being responsible for your green fees.
- Wednesday Tournament Director, Terry Fiero 949-939-8608
- Saturday Tournament Director, Garrett Szubielski 949-633-1494
- San Juan Hills Pro Shop 949-493-1167 x1
After winning our division, the San Juan Hills Men’s Golf Club Team Play had their first playoff match against Talaga Golf Club. That match was tied at 24-24 and went to a tie breaker which was won by the San Juan team. Next up was Valley Vista, the match was close at 25 to 23 but unfortunately San Juan came up on the losing end. All in all it was a great season and nice to be back in the playoffs after a 6 year hiatus. Job well done by Captain Scott Hendrikson and Assist Captain Mike Neace in put together the line ups every week. We look forward to make more noise in the playoffs next year!